The Concrete Foreman position is responsible for supervising the concrete crew and concrete operations on both public and private work to ensure the highest quality product and great service. Communicate and coordinate all aspects of concrete from measuring, calculating, supervising, and coordinating the installation of concrete.
- Required to follow all safety policies provided by Colorado Concrete and OSHA. Required to use good judgement to ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Ensure the crew wears all required PPE (i.e., hardhats, safety glasses, reflective safety vest, shirts with sleeves, work gloves, etc.)
- Supervise and coordinate all activities required for concrete projects on construction sites.
- Responsible for ordering concrete not limited to measuring square footage and checking depths.
- Responsible for coordinating all trucking required to deliver concrete and equipment to construction job site.
- Provides on-site leadership for concrete crew members and communication with customer field contacts, material testers and inspectors.
- Provides direction, training, and assistance to the concrete crew members to ensure each member understands their role and requirements.
- Communicates daily with Project Manager or Project Superintendent to discuss schedule and production needs.
- Completes project documentation including daily crew time sheets, daily site work reports, toolbox safety meeting sheets, and other required documentation.
- Completes projects in a timely, accurate, and safe manner.
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Follow company policies and procedures and follow the core values set in place by Colorado Concrete.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits with a thorough understanding of safety practices and procedures.
- Has a thorough understanding of various aspects of the concrete industry including reading surveyor stakes, understanding elevations, concrete finishing techniques, and concrete curing dynamics.
- Self-motivated and self-starter to get the crew and project started.
- Work as a team player and always have the big picture goal in mind.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Willing to work hours that are associated with the concrete industry, including overtime and weekends as needed.
- Position may require some travel to and from job sites.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Basic mathematical skills
- Critical thinking skills, ability to detect and solve problems.
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must complete a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Physical Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise.
- Ability to lift seventy-five pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org